How to apply for a grant
To apply for a grant, please download and fill in the relevant form attached (note that the Smaller Grant form is for grants not exceeding £5,000),
and return it by email or post to us. Our contact details are here.
In your application please ensure you provide the following information:
- Describe the organisation, its aims and all current activities, and its area of operation. If the area of operation extends beyond the London Borough of Croydon, outline how
you will ensure that all financial assistance provided will be used for the direct benefit of residents of Croydon.
- Describe why the grant is needed, and what other funding has been obtained or is being sought.
- State the amount of grant you require, and outline how you will ensure that resources are used effectively and that there is no duplication of work and expenditure with other agencies.
- Enclose all relevant financial information with your application, including copies of the latest Annual Report and Audited Accounts (an abbreviated form will be acceptable initially), budgets
for the current and subsequent year, and in the case of a specific project (in whole or in part) its business plan and other supporting documents. Please address the form to Tessa Damer, Finance and Adminstration Officer, and send it to Elis David Almshouses.
If you have any difficulties or queries arising from completing the form, please contact us for help and support with your application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
When to apply
Our committee meets quarterly and this is the timetable for 2019:
Committee Meeting 2 - April 2019
- Deadline for application forms 27 March 2019
- Applicants will be notified about the result of their application by the end of May 2019
Committee Meeting 3 - July 2019
- Deadline for application forms 24 June 2019
- Applicants will be notified about the result of their application by the end of August 2019
Committee Meeting 4 - October 2019
- Deadline for application forms 23 September 2019
- Applicants will be notified about the result of their application by the end of November 2019
Please see below for the forms:
Please right-click (control-click on a Mac) and choose "Save As". You can then print out the saved PDF or Word file and send us the form in the post, or open it in Acrobat Reader (you can download Reader here for free),
click "Fill & Sign" and "Add text" to add text onto the page. Then save the file and email it back to us.